Destiny 2 is going offline for server maintenance ahead of update 1.1.2.
Players won’t be able to login from 4pm UK time, as Destiny 2 server maintenance begins.
Anybody already logged in will be returned to the title screen at 5pm UK time, as online multiplayer is suspended.
Destiny 2 server maintenance will finish at 8pm GMT, at which point players will be able to download and install update 1.1.2.
“Occasionally, Destiny services may be brought offline to undergo scheduled or emergency maintenance, or to update the game to address gameplay issues or add in-game features,” reads a Bungie blog post.
Bungie has also given fans a preview of the Destiny 2 1.1.2 patch notes.
PATCH NOTES PREVIEW…
– Flame Refraction perk now generates ammo instead of pulling from reserves
– Increased base damage
- Fixed an issue where new characters created after the release of Curse of Osiris were not receiving the Flashpoint milestone
- Players in social spaces, like the Tower, receive a notification when their Lost and Found at the Postmaster is full
- Heroic strike completions now have a greater chance of granting Exotic rewards
- Mercury challenges are now available during adventures
- Fixed an issue where Curse of Osiris strikes were not properly granting Clan Engrams when featured as a Nightfall activity
- Fixed an issue where Challenges were not appearing within Quickplay
- Increased the dismantle timer for Masterwork Cores
For anyone affected by the Destiny 2 downtime, Bungie has released some new tips.
• Destiny Companion: Sign-in functionality and other Destiny Companion services on the Mobile App, Bungie.net, and third-party sites may be restricted or unavailable during Destiny Server maintenance periods.
• BungieHelp Twitter: On days in which Destiny is receiving an Update or Server Maintenance, players can follow @BungieHelp on Twitter for updates on the process and timeline for the server maintenance or update deployment.
• Interrupting Downloads: Some consoles will attempt to verify all previously downloaded content before downloading a Destiny updates. If any issues are found, or the verification process is interrupted, all previous content will be deleted and downloaded once more. For more information, please see our Updating Destiny Guide.
• Connectivity Issues: Players encountering connectivity issues after maintenance has concluded, or that are unable to log in to Destiny when there is no planned maintenance impacting Destiny services, may need to attempt basic connectivity troubleshooting such as clearing their console cache, power cycling their network hardware, or reading through the Network Troubleshooting Guide.